Sunday 19 March 2017

Trust Yourself

I was just browsing on Twitter earlier today, and I’m not always the biggest fan of people posting loads of quotes, but this one really resonated with me and it goes like this;

“A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust isn't on the branch, it's on its own wings.” 

            I know I haven’t written on here in a while. I guess I just got out the habit of writing on here with all my exams and everything, but I’ve been wanting to get back into the habit of doing it for a while. For me, mentally anyway, I feel like a lot has happened since I last wrote on here, my head’s been kind of all over the place, but I think I’ve grown a lot mentally over the last year and a bit. Mentally, I feel more mature and more at ease with myself and with life just in general. For me, just writing it all out just helps me process my thoughts and figure out what’s what.

            It’s no secret that I’m one of them people that has struggled with their own self-doubts for years. As they say; “old habits die hard”. Practically, that means being afraid to take a risk, to push the boat out a little or try something new. We all have those times when we ask ourselves “what if it all goes wrong or if it doesn’t turn out the way we want or expect?”. Well, so what if it does? The real question is; can you trust yourself to be able to pick yourself up even if it did turn out wrong or differently from what you expected? For me, I know I could quite easily pick myself up again but those nagging doubts continue to play at the back of my mind. Still, I’m working on it.

            For me, it’s just about having that confidence in yourself and investing in yourself. As they say, you are your own best asset and it needs to last you a lifetime. So just investing in yourself and your own talents is the best thing you can do and once you have that, no one can take those talents away from you. Then once you have, just have a bit of confidence in yourself and then as the title of this blog says, trust yourself.


Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment