Thursday 26 December 2013

New Year's Message

I just want to write a short message in light of the coming new year. Some of you I may talk to regularly, some on the rare odd occasion or others just the odd "like" on Facebook or "favourite" on Twitter. However, I am writing to wish you all, no matter how often we talk, all the best for the year to come. I hope it's filled with many happy memories that you'll come look back on with joy and happiness.

          This coming year, like all others, will likely come with challenges along the way. (That is simply the nature of things I'm afraid) All I can say is, whatever you do, do it with pride, give it your all and after all is said and done, face it in a way that allows you to hold your head up high. The year that comes, although filled with the unexpected, will fundamentally be what you make it to be. So make it a good one, a year that matters and a year that allows you to at least look back and say "it wasn't wasted" and "you know what, I did something that year". As long as you can say this (and it's in your power to make it happen!) you'll always have something positive to look back on no matter what else you may have to face along the way.

          I'll end by saying, whatever you do this coming year, always remember to have fun along the way. So take a risk or two or try something new, even if you come to regret it, at least you'll have a story to tell. Be rest assured, I at least will always enjoy hearing them, even if it's just reading them in a tweet or two.

          I love you guys, all and every one of you, well most of you anyway (just kidding). And to those who live all across the globe, I miss you all and our paths will cross again soon enough. I promise I'll visit all your countries at least once in the years to come even if that does prove to be an expensive promise to keep, I will try my best to keep it.

So here's to living every moment and making it count.

Your friend always,

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment